Question:
Yahoo Broken & NO LIVE HUMAN SUPPORT AVAILABLE!?
Riffiki
2013-04-29 16:05:18 UTC
Why Has Yahoo Mail Plus Stopped Checking External Accounts?

I use Yahoo Mail Plus via the Yahoo web interface. Thursday, 4/25, Yahoo mail started throwing up a lot of error messages. Also, it completely stopped checking the external email accounts I have had configured and been using for a long time, since 2004. What is causing this?

I can send fine. I know the accounts are okay as I can access them through Webmail interfaces but I have been using Yahoo Mail for nearly 9 YEARS to consolidate all my email accounts. Now, the only one that works through Yahoo Mail Plus is my base Yahoo account.

I have tried all the troubleshooting suggestions I have found in Yahoo Help to no avail. Seems this started when Yahoo upgraded the Mail service. I have been a paying Yahoo Plus member for almost 9 years. I have been unable to retrieve messages from my external accounts since the afternoon of Thursday, 4/25. I know there is not a problem on the side of the external accounts because I am getting those messages at their source sites. I get an array of unhelpful error messages whenever I "check mail" .

There is not a problem with my network connection and "performing my action again in a few moments" has definitely not helped. I've also tried clearing out my cache and cookies, tried the suggested POP ports of 110 / 465 / 995 none of which work.

Several others have posted the same problem on Yahoo Answers. The most frustrating thing is that Yahoo no longer has any support. I've sent "feedback" but they say they're too busy to respond. And Yahoo Answers is pretty much just a support group for frustrated users.

IS ANYONE FROM YAHOO READING THIS??? Hello, hello, hello...

I will not renew my Yahoo Plus with out a fix, on the grounds that Yahoo hasn't provided the service I'm paying for.

It's such a HUGE pain to switch email systems, which is why I didn't leave Yahoo once they took away support. But it looks like it might be time to do it.

Without the support I have been unable to find a remedy to this problem.

If you have found a fix please tell me.
Four answers:
chris
2013-04-30 10:03:54 UTC
Same problem here, except I don't have plus. The "check external" option on a mobile device is a pain, but it works, until they fix it.
2013-05-01 03:42:46 UTC
Same problem here. I have Mail Plus and have been using Yahoo Mail for years to access my external accounts (2). A week or so ago, I could no longer receive message from my external accounts. I have re-verified my settings and they are OK. I have even tried to delete the account then re-add it. When I do that, I never get the verification Email.

Very frustrating and I am at the point of giving up my Yahoo address that I have had for over 10 years and switch to Google Mail. I would do this for 2 reasons:

1) External mail works there - I use it for a business account

2) They support IMAP for external accounts
itsasledgehammerrrrrrr
2013-04-30 18:08:45 UTC
I am in the same boat here. It just stopped working on the 25th. I have sent help requests and all with no response. Did all the troubleshooting and error code checks. This is pretty much the whole reason I still use yahoo mail. I don't have the app on my android but I guess I will install it and give it a shot... lame but it is a work around for now.
Pilot
2013-04-30 03:24:48 UTC
hi I have the same problem but if you have I phone or I pad if you log in to yahoo you have option to check external mail and I can download my mail that way and then you log in to you pc and all your mail will be there

I am trying to get to yahoo but they are sleeping.