Question:
How do you block sites on FireFox browser?
xSaarax
2006-03-11 10:36:40 UTC
I need to know how I can block a certain website on my Firefox browser.
Three answers:
2006-03-11 11:01:55 UTC
If you are on Windows, you can block any site at all from all Web apps by adding this line to your HOSTS file:

127.0.0.1 unwantedsite.com

Where "unwantedsite.com" is the Web site you want to block.

Remember that anyone with admin privledges can change the HOSTS file. Therefore, if you are trying to block a certain site for certain computer users, and don't want them to be able to change the HOSTS file themselves, you need to set them up with a user account that does not have write / modify access to the HOSTS file.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hosts_file
tark
2006-03-11 10:44:29 UTC
This feature is not currently available by default in the Firefox web browser, even when using multiple profiles.

However, there are extensions which will allow you to accomplish the same thing.

The best extension for blocking websites would be Adblock Plus: https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=1865&application=firefox

Unfortunately, Adblock will only block images and scripts from the websites you add, not entire domains.

For a good forum thread about blocking websites, look here: http://aasted.org/adblock/viewtopic.php?p=14541&sid=b335b4e7f40347500cd0a81a48afe0d4
otwell
2016-12-12 23:32:02 UTC
techniques>information superhighway ideas>Privicy>information superhighway sites then you definitely can block the information superhighway sites you want. i take advantage of Norton 360 with does an same element, yet somewhat extra effortless. installation it, and choose the categorys you want to dam.