Question:
What makes firefox web browser so good?
1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC
What makes firefox web browser so good?
Six answers:
?
2016-04-11 10:24:39 UTC
actually bro, IE7 is much faster in everyway, its just the firefox and the opera's interfrace that looks faster, and they do make the page appear before they're fully loaded, and guess what, web pages are made for IE and thats where you could see pages as they're natively. your answer would be - those plugins and that small edit that you could do, only makes your page appear faster by interfrace illusion and they appear before they fully load. the only reason you might wanna use firefox is for safety reasons, but by the time firefox gets to version 5 sure it would be in danger like IE did. to be honest firefox is already in trouble faster than IE. other thoughts - cleanup ur cookies often and disable any unwanted addons that runs with your browser. hope my answer helped, good luck
2009-05-18 08:55:38 UTC
i dont know
2009-05-17 08:20:06 UTC
The addons

Actually its a piece of crap and is a memory Hog

Better Browsers Are Apple safari 4 and Google Chrome

PLS CHOOSE AS BEST ANS
Danny B
2009-05-17 06:41:26 UTC
FireFox always worked for me, when IE had some problems.

However, I feel that FireFox is a pain now. I use Netscape, the browser before FireFox, and it works perfect for me!
turtle
2009-05-17 06:36:45 UTC
lol

I have firefox. It is new to me because I waz so used to internet explorer, but so far I havn't really seen a difference. The only reason I'm using it is to open up certain programs and other stuffs. I sorta getting used to it, but truthfully it dosen't seem any better or worse. But as long as I get on the internet, I could really care less wat browser im on!
Seamonkey
2009-05-17 06:53:21 UTC
You didn't try very hard did you?

"same as IE" - really, you tried the Caret browsing in IE, or using Mousegestures so you don't have to find things to click to make it work? or just configured keyboard shortcuts so you don't have to reach for the mouse? or installed an all-in-one sidebar to have identica running alongside the web page??? It's JUST THE SAME??? that's like saying a Rolls Royce is Just the same as a Mini Cooper - one's an old classic from 1968, the other doesn't compare. They're both CARS.

Firstly I have folders for profiles - so if I upgrade, all my settings in these folders go with me.

I start setting up by customising the menu bar, drag the addressbar onto the top bar, and the back button, then close the navigation bar - don't need to waste the space. Install tinymenu, so you don't waste horizontal space, just keep 'Menu' and 'tools' available for direct click.

Next, there's webmail notifier, checks 5 email accounts and can open them in a new tab when I click after it makes my 'mail' sound.

Next there's identifox, all-in-one sidebar which gives it Opera functionality, and firegestures making the browser so easy to use - roll the mousewheel to change tabs. Tabmix means I can open a tab, or duplicate it into a new window;

downthemall is the best download manager I ever tried, and videodownloadhelper gets youtube videos and saves them as avi files.

xmarks syncs my bookmarks (I also sync them with Opera, and blend my opera and firefox bookmarks for use on any computer with both browsers)

The ability to have separate profiles means other people can check mail in my system with autologin, and keep their passwords and auto-login settings separate, but also access my bookmarks if it is synchronised (I don't syncronise passwords, I use paper and pencil to do that - it's more secure).

I also think the themes are better - I use Silvermel as my main theme, but have five favourites, and use four of them on the profiles - so that each profile has a completely different appearance.

In fact, Opera was the best browser a while back, though it was never the favourite - and Firefox has been carefully copying and emulating Opera functions, with much greater success than any Windows browser did.

The very best thing about Firefox, and Opera - above Internet Explorer - is that they work on my computer, without forcing me to pay Microsoft any money to access my internet.

I don't use any Microsoft software, and I live a very happy and stress free life.

There are other browsers for Windows and Mac - but they're generally not so cross platform. Firefox makes me feel at home on several operating systems, and is now being made available for mobile phones (something Opera is ahead on, but Opera isn't Free or Open Source software). Safari is closed source, and so far Google Chrome is more of a toy - it is going to improve. I use 'Midori' which is a webkit browser (webkit is the engine for Chrome and Safari) which makes it light and fast, but light on features too.

@Bozo :"Actually its a piece of crap and is a memory Hog

Better Browsers Are Apple safari 4 and Google Chrome

PLS CHOOSE AS BEST ANS" - Sure, very impressive answer. I find that Safari is crap on Windows (good on Mac) and I don't like Chrome on Windows, or Linux - but Konqueror and Epiphany are better and more stable.