Question:
Can't find pass or WEP key!?
Razum Frazum
2007-07-26 05:47:05 UTC
I am trying to log onto my wireless connection, but everytime I try to log on, it tells me to type the Network key, which I can't find! I went onto my other computer which the internet works on (on the same router, but by ethernet rather than wireless), and I typed my IP (192.168.2.1) and it came up with the Belkin page, but when I tried to find the details for the router, it asks me to type a password (not a username, just a password) which I don't know!! So I don't know the Network Key, or my Router Password!! How can I connect to my router via wireless??!
Five answers:
big_george
2007-07-26 06:01:17 UTC
Don't have any experience with Belkin; but have used other accesspoints that use 192.16.1.1 or 10.1.1.1 gateways.

The WEP key is often found either attached to the modem/router/???? or attached to the packaging some where. The default is often a1b2c3d4e5 (or 1a2b3c4d5e).

Also, there is a way to make a diskette/memory stick output that you can take the configuration from computer to computer. The documentation should tell you how to do this, and depending on your operating system, it may also give you the option.

And BSOD speaks well (the old microsoft Blue Screen of Death)
techchick
2007-07-26 12:55:21 UTC
Connect a computer to a wired connection on the router. Point your browser at http://192.168.1.1/ That should take you to the admin interface of the router. If that doesn't work, check the documentation that came with your router --- it will give you the correct aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd IP address.

If all else fails, do a hard reset on the router and start over. "Hard reset" is not just a power cycle... there is usually reset button on the bottom or somewhere that requires a stylus (pen, paperclip, etc.) to push it... you usually have to hold it in for 30 seconds or more to cause the hard reset. This will take your router back to factory default settings for everything.
Jamiess09
2007-07-26 13:13:48 UTC
for starters this is what u should try!!

Go to start menu click run

type cmd

then type ip config which gives u ur ip address U dont need it for this but dats how u find it

Now go the other WORKING computer ( this is where my wep key is ) hope urs is 2!!! and type 192.168.1.254 this is like a standard address its NOT just my ip

This should bring information about ur network click wireless and ur wep key should be there somewhere

Ino dat works because ive used it a tonne of times

Good luck
2007-07-26 12:53:33 UTC
You have a Belkin router? You also have an 800 number for them. Call them and get a technician to walk you through this.
Indiana Frenchman
2007-07-26 12:55:55 UTC
you might go to web to try to find manual for your router