Question:
internet explorer issue?
baileysmommy622
2010-08-03 05:29:37 UTC
so starting a day or 2 ago i realized that there is somethin going on w/my internet explorer (8). mind you it's taken over 20 minutes to post this due to the problem. anyways anytime i try to get to a website it will load and then automatically go to some search engine ( http://www.resultdns.com ) and i've been getting alot of popup and i never get pop ups. i haven't installed anything new or clicked on anything i am not familiar with. i have run antivirus (norton) and spyware programs as well as deleted internet cookies/temp files. do i need to (or should i) uninstall and reinstall internet explorer? if so will i lose all my site in my favorites folder?
Three answers:
kshitiz
2010-08-03 05:41:41 UTC
this as above said is a virus thingy....belive me my experiences says this!

reinstalling ie8 is of no use get avg free 9.0(http://free.avg.com) home edition its enough for that virus.

some virus dont come in by clicking a link or installing a stuff they just flow in (thats why we call them a VIRUS!!)

always clear browsing history and cookies by pressing crtl+alt+del

and if you want you can use mozzila firefox its free and faster than ie8 and safer as well

hope your problem is rectified
?
2016-10-31 13:49:54 UTC
there grew to become right into a significant alert mid Dec. 08 early Jan. 09 approximately I/E 7 the Asian triads had got here upon a loop hollow & broke by way of into tens of millions of computers to earnings cr card/banking info in particular in Asia. Microsoft resolved the subject especially much at present yet while 12 months computing gadget save has no longer as much as date I/E 7 in basic terms before 12 months purchase then it would nonetheless contain vulnerabilities. examine with Dell which you haven't any longer been offered a 'pup'. that is unusual to have various homestead windows open. examine 12 months updates & see if the I/E 7 patch fr Jan. 09 has been downloaded. in basic terms before contacting Dell lower back. as quickly as think approximately 12 months computing gadget up & working commonly i'd get carry of Mozilla (Firefox), that is a much extra stable surfing platform to apply than I/E. stable luck
Computer Technician
2010-08-03 06:08:36 UTC
You really need to run a scan with malwarebytes, and SuperAntiSpyware. Then run Ccleaner. If your internet explorer 8 still don't work try this.

Go to control panel <> internet options <> advanved <> reset explorer settings to their default conditions <> click reset <> click apply <> click OK

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

http://superantispyware.com/

http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/