Question:
Are PureTNA and Emp down?
2011-01-11 11:51:04 UTC
Are PureTNA and Emp down?
44 answers:
Joah
2011-01-13 21:42:38 UTC
Two of the Internet’s biggest adult entertainment BitTorrent trackers have today confirmed to TorrentFreak that they have permanently closed down. With comfortably more than 2.5 million members between them, the closure of Empornium and PureTNA leaves a sizeable number of porn fans both empty handed and with nowhere to put their seeds.

For the last few days the huge BitTorrent porn trackers Empornium and PureTNA have been dark, with both sites routing to 127.0.0.1. Understandably, users of the sites have been pretty concerned since these pair of giants, which are connected by the same management, have massive memberships and are long-standing mainstays of the community.

To give an idea of size, PureTNA had in excess of 1,329,500 members, Empornium a similar number. At last count PureTNA’s database sat at nearly 67,000 torrents servicing around 630,000 peers. Empornium listed more than 82,000 torrents and 660,000 peers. That’s a hell of a lot of filth and depravity, just how their members liked it.

But for their users, speaking of the sites in the permanent past tense is the sad reality today. The management of both Empornium and PureTNA have confirmed to TorrentFreak that they are “offline permanently”. Requests for elaboration were declined, but a comment obtained from Breeze, the manager of both sites, said simply: “Such is bittorrent life.”

So considering that both sites had continued to grow, both in terms of torrents and membership, why suddenly close down?

The main unconfirmed rumor to have gained traction is that due to a lack of investment in code development, both sites have been vulnerable to malicious attacks. This resulted in one or both of the sites being hacked in recent days. Rather than pump money into the sites to prevent this happening again, their hard drives were wiped by the sites’ owners to protect user privacy, or so the story goes.

The other rumor, which is circulating on the fringes of the adult entertainment industry, is that the sites buckled under legal pressure, or at least the threat of it. As can be seen from a list retrievable via Google cache which was updated only last week, dozens of porn sites and studios have issued some kind of legal “do not upload” orders to the sites.

While there may be some triumphant gloating from elements of the porn industry, these lists could merely be an indication that both sites were trying to stay within the law by abiding by the desires of copyright holders who preferred for their material not to be shared on the sites. In any event, with the demise of both sites, that point is moot.

Interestingly, although PureTNA is still listed by Google, a similar search for Empornium draws a a complete blank. As far as the world’s leading search engine is concerned, Empornium doesn’t exist. In the future, those looking for nostalgia will have to settle for the Empornium song from Futuristic Sex Robotz which lives on with YouTube.

Whatever the reason – hackings, legal pressure, a combination of the two or just plain old lack of interest in continuing – the sites are not coming back so for BitTorrent porn consumers this certainly marks the end of an era.

Whether Cheggit can cope with the Empornium/PureTNA refugees will remain to be seen. Their servers, in common with the actors in the videos they index, are likely to be puffing and panting for some time.
2011-01-13 11:18:29 UTC
Looking at everyone's responses here and on the site listed below, it would appear that they aren't coming back. Someone mentioned how un-user friendly PureTna was and I'd have to agree. It was really difficult to get any help. Despite that being the best site for content, the feel that I got from the admins was that they are to lazy to fix anything. But, if you go to the below site, there is a list of several adult trackers and a massive list of other trackers.

Also found this posted on torrent-invites, posted 5am 1/13/11

Both websites have been inaccessible since yesterday,a staff member at both sites and confirm both sites have been taken down permanently. "The sites are gone forever. They were hacked and will not be back up. Sad day. I'm a Mod at both TnA and EMP. We received an email today saying the sites were hacked and the owners will not spend the money to fix the security holes and have decided to shut down BOTH sites. For security purposes all the HDD's have been wiped clean by the owners. They (owners) are not willing to sell the sites. They will not be back."
Saugatha
2014-11-29 12:38:05 UTC

2011-01-14 00:06:05 UTC
I run a linux-based router (Untangle) that has a built-in virus/spyware blocker. The box has been getting positives on background pop-ups from TnA for the two weeks I've had it up. Didn't concern me much since 1) it was blocked and 2) i figured they were false positives. However, this talk of hackers has made me rethink my position.

Even with the troubles, I'll miss TnA. My idle bandwidth always went to seeding for them... Time to throw it behind another site I suppose. It and all the material accumulated from TnA over the time I spent there :-p
2016-03-02 05:34:49 UTC
I have no idea, and I am open to suggestions. I'm not convinced that it's a permanent thing. The Mods at PureTnA would have posted something, if only a text only notice to say "It's over, go elsewhere." That having been said, if they did decide to shut down, I'd understand, given the difficulty of running the site, both technically, financially, and legally.
?
2011-01-13 13:08:30 UTC
Those of you still seeding torrents from P & E do understand that your torrent's are no longer being tracked, right? Basically, any activity that is happening is just the remaining clients that were in the torrent's swarm are still sending/receiving data. Once everyone hits 100%, the swarm will cease activity.

Cheggit is damn slow now and some pages timeout before being displayed. They probably weren't ready for the onslaught and need to adjust their php settings to accommodate the increase in traffic.

Good luck fappers!
?
2011-01-13 10:45:47 UTC
They were down 3 days ago but I managed to access the site for 2 hours.

Since then - Zippo. I only have the obvious to offer, pirate bay and pornbay. My best ratio (by far) was with Puretna.

Since they have been down, I've still managed to get 2.69Gb out of a 5.87Gb torrent?

They always had major problems with hackers which has probably effected the shutdown.

Oh my God, they killed Puretna! You bast*rds!
2011-01-13 23:38:01 UTC
Good response Kira.. I'm leaning more on the side of hackers and lack of time/money to keep the site secure.. for the week prior to it going down i kept getting something that windows security essentials flagged every time i went there, so, that kind of points to hackers hitting the site, once it got too bad, they just cut bait and left, pity, but, like governments, when one falls, there's another one right around the corner to fill the shoes..

Please respond if you were getting something that security essentials (or some other anti virus/spyware/adware program) was flagging
alfware
2011-01-12 05:10:55 UTC
Seems their records are screwed, I hope this isn't some BS political crap and is just some random IT related issue. Across the world the DNS resolves to localhost (127.0.0.1), I thought maybe the Australian government had turned on their BS Internet Filter system. But seems worldwide, so technical issues I would assume (maybe hacked?)
?
2011-01-13 11:09:12 UTC
Yes, both down. Word is that Empornium has been taken over by Israeli advertising company Targetpoint and they've locked everyone out in order to make it a pay only site. Perhaps the same happened to PureTnA?
2011-01-12 07:56:50 UTC
This *appears* as though legal issues may be at play. There is a sweep going on through the prOn industry to try to stop media sharing, and they have already hit other trackers. So far, we have seen "do not post" lists, where the copyright owners have approached the tracker site owners and threatened "play nice or else", so the tracker owners comply by disallowing their material. We have also seen prolific contributors suddenly silenced, like one specific poster at PureTNA who would post several site's entire month's material shortly after the start of the following month.

See "12,895 New Porn BitTorrent Lawsuits Filed Since December 23" at

http://www.slyck.com/story2146_12895_New_Porn_BitTorrent_Lawsuits_Filed_Since_December_23

or

http://tinyurl.com/5wot5hg
2011-01-12 19:20:16 UTC
Two of the Internet’s biggest adult entertainment BitTorrent trackers have today confirmed to TorrentFreak that they have permanently closed down. With comfortably more than 2.5 million members between them, the closure of Empornium and PureTNA leaves a sizable number of porn fans both empty handed and with nowhere to put their seeds.
Matt O
2011-01-13 21:50:31 UTC
They couldn't handle the lawsuits. Better start paying for your porn. Maybe there will be an influx of better quality creative adult movies if the smaller studios aren't afraid to invest without being pirated out of business. Sites like http://www.dirtydvids.com for example could use a budget increase for sure.
?
2011-01-12 00:43:24 UTC
i use 2 sites to check both, and the check sites say they are up... but damned if i can connect from here in thailand... bummer

i just did some iptrace and when i try to ping either empornium adn puretna, i get 127.0.0.1 as their IP... and that is just plain wrong. Somehow i am linking back to my own machine.

anyone else have this problem... do a ping or do a hostname to IP resolution trace.
2011-01-13 17:11:07 UTC
This is terrible news. I bookmarked some links but never got round to downloading them :(

On the plus side I may now get a life
Jeb
2011-01-12 05:00:11 UTC
My seedbox can't connect nor can I access the website using Tor - they are down. Going to see if I run across any p-stars talking about any content victories on Twitter.
Steve Henson
2011-01-11 20:40:13 UTC
Same as above, I googled this due to the fact that both websites are down. Cheggit (another torrent website for the same material), is up and running though.
?
2011-01-12 01:35:22 UTC
i hope not but after recent "changes" i would not be that surprised. Staff over there is very unfriendly and bans everyone who even wants to "just" talk about what the f*** is going on there. If they are down for good it´s there own fault
?
2011-01-12 08:00:47 UTC
Well the sites are down, but I'm still seeding a video I downloaded a few days ago and it is still uploading.
2011-01-13 13:19:52 UTC
looks like the got Malacka.org also as it is now down, (worked okay yesterday). Seems they are going after a the adult file sharing sites. (Pornbay and Cheggit may be next)
2011-01-13 00:03:33 UTC
Its quite sad. Fortunatly I got acces to out local site

www.winnermind.dk
2011-01-12 09:20:03 UTC
Why not everyone add another tracker to their downloaded torrent from both sites and make them publicly available. My recommendation is "udp://tracker.openbittorrent.com:80/announce". shall we start our open puretna ?
2011-01-12 02:08:13 UTC
DNS is resolving them to 127.0.0.1. I'm wondering if this is an attempt by our ISP (mine is Time Warner) to block access to them. Is everyone having this problem a TW customer using the TW DNS servers?
2011-01-12 10:49:49 UTC
Its a sad day.....

Check out the link below though. This site is very much like puretna. The layout and content is very similar.

http://www.pussytorrents.org
2011-01-12 23:15:18 UTC
Hang in there pirates, there will always be a supply as long as there is a demand, stick together, we will break this blockade!
Squigman
2011-01-11 17:17:05 UTC
Yeah all my torrents are also dead. Stopped seeding and everything. Awesome. Now my ratio is gonna drop like a rock.
2011-01-12 01:17:48 UTC
zippyded, yep. Both of sites has home address interval (127.0.0.0 - 127.225.225.225). I've never seen that before! What's up with 'em?
2011-01-11 13:13:03 UTC
Yeah I just discovered it and Googled this question! I got no access to website or trackers :(
?
2011-01-13 12:58:56 UTC
Wherever Taligent goes is where I'll be... anyone see him on another site?
?
2011-01-14 12:28:20 UTC
i know that tainster - partyhardcore series were pissing off that their parties were coming online on tna same day they were released on their site. perhap they sent the boys in
Richard G
2011-01-12 06:56:26 UTC
This is really bad, how will I get my regular porn fix, the porn industry must be jumping for joy right now.
2011-01-12 04:39:36 UTC
Definitely down, I use Google open dns and it resolves to 127.0.0.1
2011-01-12 14:51:11 UTC
well all the members are moving to http://www.deviloid.net now

it's a clean place
mamat
2011-01-11 15:31:03 UTC
yeh down
sik beng
2011-01-12 06:36:57 UTC
Sorry I accidentally clicked on the report abuse button on Piotrek thread.

Good suggestion by Piotrek.

Thanks for sharing the information here.
Sam
2011-01-14 21:55:28 UTC
well it sucks, they were the best. Oh well, back to xhamster for me for pron
2011-01-13 20:34:37 UTC
http://www.empornium.com/index.php?vod=229984,1

if this is the new empornium then it looks like a pay site
BMW3orMerc300
2011-01-11 20:45:27 UTC
thanks guys, was beginning to think my firewall was blocking my porn, but my other fave site is up and running also livejasmin and tnaflix, which i know are sister sites of ptna very odd.
?
2011-01-13 16:15:56 UTC
revenge
Uve
2011-01-12 12:02:56 UTC
so where we are going to get fap material from now? please guide me somewhere, except for pornbay.org anything else out there?
G P
2011-01-12 11:02:55 UTC
Seems so... see http://ilumu.com/checker.php?domain=Puretna.com
2011-01-13 09:44:00 UTC